Posts Tagged ‘NHPC’

NHPC-OHPC JV to set up three hydel projects

June 28, 2010 Leave a comment

The Orissa Hydro Power Corporation (OHPC) and NHPC, which had entered into a JV for setting up 12 hydel power projects in the state, will undertake three hydel projects with a cumulative capacity of 300 MW in Phase I.

The power projects are to come up on Mahanadi river and they included Sindol-I with a capacity of 90 MW at Deogaon; 90 MW Sindol-II at Kapasira in Sonepur district and 120 MW Sindol-III at Godhaneswar, also in Sonepur district.

The proposed JV is to have 30:70 equity and debt component with NHPC holding 51 per cent equity and OHPC the remaining 49 per cent. As per sources, the draft JV proposal sent by NHPC to the Orissa Government has been approved and NHPC is set to sign the MoU with the state government soon.

Three hydro power projects planned in Orissa

March 8, 2010 Leave a comment

The National Hydro Power Corp (NHPC) and the Orissa government have finalised a deal for setting up three hydro – power projects at Sindol on river Mahanadi downstream Hirakud dam.

The state has identified 3 sites between Chiplima and Boudh as Sindol I (Deogaon), II (Kapasira) and III (Godhaneswar) for the hydel units with a total capacity of 320 mw. The total investment in the projects has been estimated at Rs 3,000 crore. The state-owned Orissa Hydro Power Corp (OHPC) has already prepared a feasibility report.

The NHPC and the state government-owned Orissa Hydro Power Corp (OHPC) is likely to sign an MoU for the purpose soon. At present a draft MoU has been sent for the vetting of the state law department. Once the formalities are over, the MoU will be signed between the two parties.

The projects will be developed with NHPC having the controlling stake of 51 per cent while the state-owned OHPC will have 49 per cent.

Odisha Business' Blog

Explore the Investment Opportunities in Odisha

%d bloggers like this: